Sunday, January 02, 2005

Cancer, tidal waves, and lunch

I called up a longtime friend of mine and Steve's, Suhith, to make sure he hadn't gone home for vacation and gotten all washed up in the tidal wave- he's from Sri Lanka. Well it turned out he hadn't. He's had his own huge battle that I didn't know about until now since I hadn't spoken with him in a couple of years. He had some kind of weird cancer- a muscle cancer in a hip, which eventually spread to the bone- so they had to take part of his hip bones completely out. He was on leave from work for 11 months and went into chemo twice. How excruciating! I am SO glad he's still with us. And he's only 41!!! Well since he's missing a bunch of his bones in his left hip now (literally they took out half of his butt bones) he's had to adjust to a life of crutches (I'm surprised he can still even walk at all, trying doing that without a ball and socket joint) and wheelchair. Wow. So I'm going to see him very soon this week since he works near me and we're going to do lunch.

I'm also gonna do lunch with my SIL Tracy since it turns out we work a few blocks from each other, too.

PS I LOVE you Tracy and Rachael! I am SO glad you 2 are my sisters-in-law! You are both so much fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home