Monday, January 17, 2005

All you women out there, I'm having a Mary Kay party at my house for my friend Mary Floyd who just began selling MK products. I've bought a couple of things- lipstick and the bronzing beads. OH MANNNNNN I SWEAR by those bronzing beads. They are SOOOO awesome!!! Anyway the party's at my house from 6-8 on Jan. 29. No obligation to buy anything but you can try everything. I'll have food. Meet my neighbors and friends and relatives. My house is small but I hope you don't mind. I already said no obligation to buy BUUUUT if we have total sales of at least $500 I will win a Bahamas cruise and more importantly, one of YOU will! So at the cost of using my house and two hours, YES, I will do this for Mary and maybe I (and you) will win a cruise. :) Price from Cincy to Ft. Myers is cheap (so probably elsewhere in Fla is sorta cheap too) and Delta's cutting even more, so hey if you can get somewhere near Bahamas, I guess, the rest is paid.

Checkin' in at work. Azza is back the 20th so pretty soon I'll be back to interpreting more and managing fewer projects- only the big ones- I'm keeping Children's- and also putting out feelers to other jobs. Found a couple I really am interested in. Need more stability here. Just got my resume fixed up and it looks good. Wow do I look good on paper! Don't we all!?! Use enough euphemisms, and make sure to change them every few years ("downsize" is no longer a good word) and presto chango, you've got yourself a fine-looking resume no matter what you do. Drug dealer? You're an "independent pharmaceutical manufacturer". Pimp? You're a "labor management technician". Did you sell 2 glasses this yearof lemonade instead of 1 last year? Bought more lemonade mix at a closer store? You've "increased revenue 100% and successfully strategized supply chain logistics reorganization." Your mom was happy about it? You've "gained shareholder appreciation and confidence." Anyone can be an enterprising upstart.

3 Comments:

At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

with a $500 dollar party you "will" win or "may" win. Being a Direct Sales career girl myself I think you better go back and get clarity on that. If my companies gave out a cruise each time a $500 show was sent in they would be broke. If it sounds to good to be true......

Toy

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Ann said...

I'm wondering the same thing. I don't think Mary knows much about what she's doing since she is just starting. She won a cruise doing this. I think they probably do this because so few of these ever get $500 worth of sales. And maybe it's an el cheap-o cruise. Oh, well, I guess we wait and see. Mary Kay's been around a long time so I know it's not a typical fly-by-night pyramid organization. I don't think we're going to get the sales anyway but we'll see.

 
At 7:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, Direct Sales doens't mean pyramid. Most folks get MLM and pyramids confused thinking they are the same deal. They aren't. As a consumer, if you are wondering about the 'validiity' of a direct sales company all you need to look for is the DSA membership mark on the catalog or ask if they are members of the Direct Sales Association. That is the Better business bureau of direct sales. Lots of companies have been around less time than Mary Kay and are completely reputable. As a matter of fact there are more home based businesses these days than ever and more people are trying them out than ever.

Good luck on the party. Since buying the minivan I am feeling terribly poor and have decided to put some more energy into my businesses.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home