Thursday, March 09, 2006

I remember a little more about that dream, too. It involved Micah. That messy room apartment house was in an urban place. This is a locale in my dreams I have dreamed about before. My dreams are so effexor-laced it's like another world inside my head. :) Nice trip. Anyway, we had to move. But for some reason Micah wanted to move by going on roller blades. That was his mode of transportation. So in the middle of the night one night in the midst of a driving sleet storm Micah and I took off to "move". Micah just skated along the sidewalk at the edge of a busy street while somehow I went with him too, whether I was running, or flying, or driving a car, I'm not sure. But we were travelling side by side north on that road into the darkness and I said, "Micah, I'm going to switch places with you. I'm going to take the place closest to the road" so I could protect him. He said, "Mom, I can take care of myself!" and I said, "don't argue with me. Move over." And he did-

The whole situation with Micah, school, etc. is extremely stressful. Driving to Oxford yesterday where Micah's been staying during the week to work on schoolwork with Mom, I had sort of a panic attack. I had taken a different way up so I could look at houses in different areas. Dan (my real estate brother) has dissuaded me from Ross saying it's too close t0 Fernald- d'oh! Point well taken. I was looking at other areas like Okeana. I passed through one small town that had a General Store right out of Mayberry. Even before Mayberry. Think Main Street. It was misty and foggy and surreal. My brain was expanding and stretching and I thought, I'm old. I am old. My kids are growing up and leaving and it's all just going too fast. I can't stand the thought of leaving the place Nathanael has grown up and yet HE wants to leave it. Micah has known only that house and HE wants to leave it. Steve has grown out and spilled all over the house. His S**T is everywhere and we have no basement. But man oh man the school, the school, I have got to get out of this district for once and for all.

2 Comments:

At 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

a house is four walls, some windows and a door. A home is family, memories and a door.

You can walk out and walk in and even when your children grow up they can use the door to come home.

 
At 11:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

let me know when and I'll help you find a house. I have all the tools at my disposal. I suggest you move NOW!!! interest rates are climbing and it has turned to a buyers market. if you don't move soon, your anger for the schools will wear off and you'll be stuck in that miniature house for even longer. Get off your butt and get serious, no one else is going to do it for you. Oh, and don;t worry about fixing your house all the way up, or you will never move, that's for sure. just bail out of there now and don't worry about turing ay wxtra profit, that isn't the reason for moving.

Dan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home