Tuesday, February 21, 2006

The current news:
I need your prayers for Micah tomorrow. And what is the best for him in the long run re school, therapy, anger management, etc.

Nathanael's current contenders: Macalaster and Carleton.

For some reason my dad's brain is changing in his old age. Like some other old men, he is getting a little out of touch and has lost much of his sense of tact. For example, everyone will be joking and all of a sudden he will insult someone. It has happened several times now with my SIL, Micah, me, Mom, and others. For example he will accuse me of trying to take something out of his house. Or Micah of stealing. Or my SIL of being a warmonger. So everyone, if my dad says something really off-color or insulting or tells you what he's thinking, especially if he accuses you of stealing or wanting money (his), just ignore it and go on. Even if he's telling you what he REALLY thinks of you. It might be what he's really thinking of you at the moment. He might offend you and if you're sensitive your feelings will get hurt. I had to talk to him but he generally ignored me as usual.
He is getting that way and doing it to everyone so please don't take much offense. Just let it slide. I wish he'd get back out into life but he won't and no one can make him do anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home