Monday, January 23, 2006

Micah did the pinewood derby on Sunday- very cute. Little boys with cars. Micah was in the older division- scouts, as opposed to the little bitty boys, Weebelos, I guess. They were cute. Now some of the parents just get plain weird. But hey, I snuck a peek every now and then in the next room of the Steelers/Broncos game.
So now it's the Seahawks and the Steelers. That will be fun to watch, indeed. What a tight game they each play. I just can't imagine Seattle fans in Detroit. Pittsburgh fans will go there and tear it up, but Seattle- I hope they get out of their Starbucks and go. At least so there are half and half fans. A Sea hawks fan in Detroit? Strolling the 8-mile strip, feeling the cold seep through his grunge boots. An Eminem wannabe leaps onto him. Response: "Hey, sorry to sound forward, but can you put that gun away, please? I'm sorry, but it DOES make me feel a little uncomfortable." It's beer, not latte. And that smell? It's called pollution.
Nathanael's grades were stellar this semester. All A's except one weighted B. Which somehow is closer to an A than a regular B. Don't ask me how it works.
Micah's fell short...though there was some improvement. New semester, new start. He seems motivated. Pray he stays that way.
Dave has an amazing new person in his life. Not a girlfriend but his kids' nanny. Maria lives at his house. She's such a wonderful person. For the first time in, OK, for the first time, period, I go there and there's no smell. No mess. Order. The chaos is gone. The kids are managed. They sleep on time. They're happy. Well-adjusted. She's definitely a gift from God and she has had a great influence on my brother and his kids. She's a single mom (her daughter lives there, too) who comes from yet another family who put the "fun" in dysfunctional and she has risen above it with God's help. She's fun, goes out and has a good time with friends, and has a beer or two. She is active in her church and helps run a prayer group. It is wonderful to have a sense of order. Heck I wish she lived HERE! She is so amazingly perfect. My brother is not attracted to her except as a friend, definitely not as a girlfriend, though everyone always makes that speculation. I think it's perfect that there is no attraction because that will not ruin this perfect arrangement.
Knock on wood!!! OK, I'm not superstitious. But I don't want anything to jinx or dissuade the whole thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home