Tuesday, August 03, 2004

IT's been a while. Writing this blog from a 10-min. break at Pierre where I am until 4 today. Broke my heart to send a person away from work with a bogus ID. Seems a lot of Peruvians come with bogus ID. I was almost in tears and I had to explain there was nothing else she could do. She tried calling a friend in Cal. but to no avail. Finally just had to leave and I had to explain she couldn't re-apply to Pierre ever again even with a different ID. I can understand the HR person's reasons, too. She could lose HER job. I couldn't do that kind of work- hiring- because I just couldn't turn away someone who wanted to work. I'd look at the card and say "OK you're good come on in..." Then after all failed I took her out (she was in tears) to some sleazy American guy who was just sitting in his car in the parking lot, I don't know his story... she said he was her "friend" but he didn't know Spanish nor she English so I figure there was little they could ever discuss, but I guess some things don't need discussion. I just thought he was kind of sleazy. What kind of guy just sits in a parking lot all day? The one who made the bogus ID? Some pimpy-looking fat white guy with a clean car.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home