Sunday, July 25, 2004

Plug

OK gonna plug my Japan agenda again- and I got another couple tentatively on board. Artist couple from OBF. So hopefully gonna connect with other artists, like Iwao's wife and Iwao himself!  SO PUMPED for this! Pu-yah!!!!

Next plug for Kagge & Strangers again. Saw them play tonight & they had a harmonica player that RAWKED, and a guest singer Lisa who sang Bonnie better than Bonnie. Of course Laurie, Doug, John, Adrian and the rest rocked the house as usual. Doug's violin has absolutely seduced my ears at this point. For some people their instrument is more of an appendage than an arm or leg and just as necessary and really IS their voice. That harmonica was absolutely the edge of a musical O. Anyway Doug asked why don't I ask John if I could sing sometime? I had sung with Adrian and Laurie before. Well I did and he's so open, if they know the song they'll play. He doesn't know That Song About Midway but he does know the old Mose Allison song Everybody's Cryin' Mercy.  He has to get refreshed on it and he also might also learn Midway. I know, Vir, I looked like a total ho tonight but at least ridiculous as I am I didn't act like one. :)   (Another pu-yah!)

Tomorrow Nathanael leaves for band camp at Wright State- their band's doing Chuck Mangione this year which is a relief for him as he was sick of last year's Wizard of Oz (good music in that, though). 

Gonna get to bed 'cause in a few hours I'll be at Pierre interpreting for new workers. :) I need some rest to be able to talk again about 401K plans and ergonomics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home