Wednesday, June 20, 2007

This is such a cool thing. The next thing I'm wondering is if, when Dave sells and moves, maybe he can move to Wyoming, too...it's a beautiful place. I mean the trees and houses are gorgeous. Lots of parks for kids. I might even ask the school what their program is for autism.... :) Anyway, just a thought. Also closer to Crossroads. Some homes near Sherry for sale, too. Goooooood schools. And I could babysit Hayden more easily.

I also found out that if you sell a house and move into a less expensive one there is no capital gains tax anymore. I remember when my brother and sister in law moved and they had to hurry up and get a new house to roll their old one into by the end of the year, or they'd have paid thousands and thousands. Well now that law's changed and only a few pay it and I think it's if they make 125K or up on it. I may have my details wrong, but most people no longer have to pay it, and that is a fact. Dave, hurry up and do this before Hillary's president or you'll end up paying more! LOL (Let's just see who takes this bait.)

1 Comments:

At 6:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The way it works now, is if you sell a property that has been your primary residence for to years within the last five years you don't have to pay any capital gains on it as long as the gain is less than (I think) $200,000. nobody I know is near that break-point. Oh, and freedom isn't free. (I usually see that bumber sticker nestled up next to a "Dubya" sticker)

Dan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home