Thursday, April 26, 2007

Mom: So can I come in your room?
Nathanael: OK.
Mom (picking up discarded dirty clothes): any closer to a decision?
Nathanael: I'm going to talk to some Grinnell people tonight and then I will.
Mom: OK.
Nathanael: By the way, here's this.(Hands Mom a ticket to prom).
Mom: You're going to Prom! You're going to prom! (does the happy dance) With which girl?
Nathanael: Tara Banks.
Mom: (struggles to think of which girl is Tara)Hmmm, I can't picture her.
Nathanael: We were in the play toether. She was the judge.
Mom slowly pictures Tara. Spends 5 minutes talking with Nathanael about prom.
Nathanael: Tara and Katie and everyone asked if I were going to prom. They sort of urged me to buy a ticket. Tara asked me to buy a ticket and so I said to her, "I guess that means I'm going with you." And Tara said Yeah.
Mom: Well we have to make arrangements- the limo, the corsage, the tux, all of that. So, when is it?

Nathanael: Tomorrow.

2 Comments:

At 6:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tomorrow? Good luck with that.

 
At 5:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOLOL I got the corsage and boutiniere (spelling corrections welcomed) ordered. No limo of course but no one expects it. He has a tuxedo so that's what he will wear. This p.m. we will buy new shoes. He's such a boy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home