Friday, November 24, 2006

I was having trouble with Blogger and finally was able to get in with my in-laws' old dial-up. Steve and I have found a house we agree on in Wyoming. Is it possible to be in love with a house? There's another family interested and about in the same boat we are with why they want to move (Forest Park Schools- not good for one of their kids and the other one did well, which sounds like us). They have 4 kids altogheter which seems kinda big for this particular house. If thy get this house well then that's OK but I'm really praying it becomes our house. We've fixed more in our current house and ideally I'd like it to sell before buying a new one which is hard in this current market. Go to www.sibcycline.com and for roads put in "Sherry" and the one we want is 31 Sherry. If we don't get it, though, there are several similar ones. 31 Sherry has the garage Steve wants, nice yard, peaceful neighborhood, the most picturesque area of the city, a big golf course right nearby for hikes and, well, golf, if we even played golf, the big St. Clare Convent at the end of the golf course. So unless the nuns get rowdy we know it's going to be nice and peaceful. :) Interestingly enough there used to be a small convent on our current street at St. Viv's but it isn't used for that any longer. When Steve said, firmly patting the counter space by the fridge, "I want my coffee maker to go HERE," I knew we had a winner. Steve inspected, as is custom, the wiring, the wood, possible damage, cracks, foundation, insulation, windows, roof- all the things that should be inspected. Although he wants to doublepane the windows and the roof is a little old, it passed his inspection whereas no other house has, including the "close enough to jobs" test, which none of the houses in Fairfield passed. Garages have a tough time passing his test and this one did. I think he was sold on that garage. Thanksgiving was fun- we're in W. Virginia. Jim and Jackie have bought another house to rehab. I think Steve and Dan were switched at birth. I hope not because that would mean Steve's my brother. Well this house needs a loooooot of work but that's what they do best and they have rehabbed and resold a lot of houses here in the area. But back to my thought- yesterday was warm and people came out of hibernation and into the light all over. The reunion was fun with a crop of new babies: Seth, Zane, and Aidan- all extremely huggable and cuddly. Seth is Melinda and her husband's little surprise. What a cuddly little thing he is. He is tiny for 3 months because of Down's. He's developing right on target for Down's. Melinda has 2 teenage girls and after marrying hubby#2, here comes Seth 9 years later. They seem pleased and happy with the little guy. Zane is a whopper with huge cheeks like Droopy Dawg. Shane's, I think. What a snuggly little chunk he is. Aidan is 13 months old and is being adopted by Anessa and Tony. He has blonde hair sticking up in different directions everywhere. Tony and Anessa have biological 3 kids, one 2 days younger than Micah. They take in foster kids and currently have a little one named Jenny. Jenny's father won't give her up so she will not be staying which is heartbreaking. She has been there for 2 years and it is heartbreaking to give them up. Aidan, though, they are in the process of adopting. Anessa said the biological mother was just very much a dim bulb and just couldn't care for him at all and the baby was hurt once, I don't know if by negligence or purpose, and I'm so glad he's in A & T's home. Anessa is very maternal and just adores children. She and Tony have plenty of $$ as well as love so it's all good and she'd take every child in the world if she could. I was glad to see Anessa was back to a bit of a normal weight- she seemed anorexic for a while- she looked healthy and she's always been gorgeous. Micah and Nathanael were given lots of comments on their long lovely locks which match their dad's, only theirs are a bit fuller than their dad's. :)
Sorry about the long "paragraph". I had to copy and paste here and it didn't keep the spaces. Will edit later.

12 Comments:

At 4:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you get that house. It's really super. I looked at all the pictures and I really like it. Keep me informed. I can help you clean your house to get it ready to sell. Mom

 
At 8:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you guys do it. let me know if you want any realtor help. I'd love to be your Realtor.

Dan

 
At 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

From Ann:
Somehow I can't get in here as me from here at work.

Met with a realtor from Sibcy Cline- they do about 90% of the sales here in this area. We want to get this house but if we don't, there are a few similar. Anyway, we are starting to get the house in order to put on the market. We chose not to do guaranteed sale or the bridge loan options in this market. Best way is to forge ahead and see what happens.

We need to finish the brick patio, which will be easy. Get new vanity, shower door, and floor in the master bathroom. Paint front door. Fix or replace AC, fix fuse box.

So not so much to do. She gave the house an 8 out of 10 in readiness. Was super clean and the kitchen was a huge plus, thank you Dan. Dan I also gave her your name and I will need your business number. She is a pretty powerful agent in this area and I think when your name gets around in certain circles you will have endless jobs and you will have to hire some people of your own.
Ann

 
At 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sibcy Cline is the one selling the house we want- that is why I called her- because she is selling that house. There may be advantages to listing with SC in this area since they do so much of the work here. Dan if you work with agencies as a contractor...can you do that...I think that would generate huge amounts of business for you. I mean register your company "Troxel Customer Carpentry" and pay taxes, hire people, all that. It is wayyyyy doable and in January home sales in general will pick up. I will try to work on getting you a web site which can showcase your work. You need to get GOOD photos of some of your best work, preferably before/after. Do you have Front Page? We register a few key words with Google...we can price that and see how expensive that is....

Ann

 
At 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I registered my company long ago and I pay taxes. I have a website in progress. Getting carpentry business hasn't been a problem. Avoiding the Realtor subject huh? I guess I’m not surprised you went with another realtor. The kicks to my head will be slow to heal. After what I've done for you and your family to work on that house for free and then you turn your back on me. I am seriously disappointed.

See ya later.

Dan

 
At 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What???


I called her because she is selling the house we are looking at!

We have not listed the house at all yet.

 
At 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just left you a LONG voice mail, Dan.

I WANT YOU TO SELL MY HOUSE.

OK?????
PLEASE sell it! I really want it to go fast...I will meet with you and tell you all the stuff the realtor (who knows both Wyoming and Finneytown WELL) has told me about the market conditions where we live. I think I know them as well as she does.

 
At 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS everyone, Dan wants you all to know everything is OK and he isn't mad, you know how he is when he posts. We just talked and we are working out him and Century 21 selling my house and the house I want is from Sibcy Cline.He wanted me to delete his post but I can't from work for some reason. I can't even post as myself, only as an anon.

Ann

 
At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve if you ever read this, Dan says we should probably not fool with AC, just take some $$ out of our equity at closing and tell the people to fix or buy it themselves.

 
At 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, Ann is right, we talked and I jumped the gun on thinking she was going with a different Realtor. My fault. As far as the A/C goes, I'm saying it is a calculated decision whether or not to fix it based on a handfull of variables. We should talk about it at more length.

Ann, we all need to meet together and discuss how things typically work in the real estate business and also what needs to be done to sell your house.

Dan

 
At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanted to give you a few reasons, though, why I did hesitate to do business with anyone in my family. Very simple: when I go over my finances, it is embarrassing to go over those with someone I know well. I prefer to use someone I don't know at all on a personal level. It has nothing to do with you or anyone personally. That is really one thing I don't like to do. If you sell my house, I understand I don't have to go over all my finances, etc. with anyone but the banker/broker... which is not to say I can't go over a lot of it with you, but it just gives me a bad feeling. Steve and I fight enough about it as it is.

 
At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't need to know anything about your finances and don't want to. All of that is between your lender and you.

Dan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home