Thursday, November 02, 2006

I'm having my operation Nov. 13. I'm so excited! Surgery! I really AM looking forward to the novel idea of being able to KEEP most of my own blood.

Part of me is sad to see that part of my life go, but I'm tired of being tired, tired of being so limited for more than 1/4 of my life socially, physically, and all of my life by being so tired, never having enough Fe no matter how I try.

Our bodies are not designed to constantly be doing this monthly thing...they really are designed to be having babies a lot more...I think...instead of trying and "failing" at that every month. I mean we are mammals and mammalian females are designed to keep on giving birth, then nurse, then get pregnant...not constantly cycling.

Well I hope this helps me a lot with my energy level and just being more comfortable.

4 Comments:

At 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will you be wanting some help? I am available to do what needs to be done. Let me know. Mom

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Need a ride home- and I guess to and from so I don't have to leave my car.

That way Steve doesn't have to leave work-
Ann

 
At 9:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know about having a lot more babies. I think that it is a natural part of the evolutionary process.

 
At 6:32 AM, Blogger Ann said...

Hm, that's a thought...however, my body keeps "trying"...no matter how many babies I do or don't have, my body was at least designed to pop out probably about 20 of them during my lifetime... :) I think as a species we're designed to more than replace ourselves, like other species. Because of illness and the like, in the "old days" most kids didn't make it to have their own kids.
Thank God for immunizations.

Another thought that is only very loosely related:

No matter how many of us there are in this world, the value of even one of us is not diminished.

In other words, whether there are 6 billion of us or 1000 of us, each of us is of unique value. Unlike other things in the world, our value is not cheapened by quantity.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home