Thursday, August 03, 2006

Welcome to Kenora. Yes, it really is that beautiful here today. Breezy and mild (about 75F I'd say). If all of August is like this in Kenora, I'd rather come this month instad of June and/or July when I'm usually here. :)

However, next time I'm here may be without the extended family. Mom says if Dad continues in the state of mind he's in, she's through travelling with him. I asked about the trips to Amsterdam and Hawaii- she said she has opportunities to get away from him in a group setting, so she may enjoy that more. I said she's welcome to hang with the rest of us and Ellen is here so she doesn't have to be around him all the time.

Dad LOOKS better- has lost about 30 lbs.

We came up separately- Dan, Tracy, Steve, Erin, and me. Dave, Maria, and the 3 little ones will be here tomorrow. I think I will swap or have someone swap places (or have Mom drive) with my kids' places in the vans.

But darned if Kenora isn't the nicest I've ever seen it. Everyone, tourists and residents alike, is out and about- there is some kind of regatta or similar festival going on.

Rolling through the Illinois plains and seeing the lightning off in the distance, I just am reminded of how much I love the farms/corn/ flat lands. I love every place on this planet but the midwest country with the endless sky, and in the summer, is the best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home