Saturday, July 29, 2006

Nathanael 's back from band camp and Micah from aquarium camp. Now off to visit Grinnell, Carleton, and McAlaster with my parents and Ellen and then in a few days Steve and I are off as well. Renting a van with Dan, Tracy, and Erin. I guess we'll all reunite at I.Falls or Eau Claire or wherever they have planned this time.

91 degrees in Bismark today so it's just as hot there as here in Cincy.

And I'm loving it. I'm one of the few NOT bothered by heat or humidity. Cold, dry weather makes me itch all over.

Nathanael's band theme this year- The Music Man. He's armed now with his I-pod full of march music, Blue Man Group, Cake, Beatles, Carmina Burana, Grieg, Dvorjak, Earth Wind & Fire, and a few others....:) His friends introduced him to Cake and Frank Zappa and so now he chants about "the girl in the short skirt and the loonnnnnggggggg coat" or "Susie....Susie Creamcheese...." LOL

He has been getting out more lately and is chatting often online with Matt, BJ, and Aaron. BJ is a sophomore at Brandeis. Matt and Aaron- his age. He and Aaron used to sneak out at 3 a.m. for UDF ice cream. They thought I didn't know. Matt is the superachiever that rooms with him at band camp.

He is VERY into his artwork...namely, the fonts...

Nathanael and I have been playing acrostics a lot together online on www.talkcity.com.


Micah has been hanging with Brian most of the summer. They camp out a lot in the tent. Micah's into the Black-Eyed Peas and Nelly Furtado. :) And all of the oldies. He LOVES oldies. Any time we are in the car, he immediately puts it on the Oldies station.

He will be 13 in just a few days!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home