Sunday, November 07, 2004

Nathanael's band went to State in Dublin, OH last night and they earned a #1 rating! That's the FIRST time Finneytown has even GONE to State, let alone earn the best rating. They're a small school- of the 4 categories, they're the second smallest. Every school going is judged based on how large they are. They don't compete with each other- in other words, they could all get 1's or all get 5's. Of the schools we saw (8 in that particular group and there are a few dozen groups), most earned ones and the others 2's. The band teacher is to credit for much of their success. Very young and energetic guy.

I have got to start looking at other employment options at this point. I am struggling to stay afloat with all my payments. I'm already not using a cell phone- cancelled my Sprint- mainly due to their terrible customer service- and won't get another phone for a while. I'm going to be owing a lot of taxes since my employer doesn't take everything out that most employers do. The best thing is that the gov't still owes us for 2003 so 2004 should maybe balanced out...anyway, I do need something else. I like what I do but I just don't get enough of it to do. Every month is different. I could earn $2500 or $700. It's just not reliable. I have learned a lot but now I'm ready to go on and I need to know what I'm going to do. I don't want to get into a situation like I was in at Makino and Harris. I learned a lot there too but had terrible bosses/communication/circumstances. I liked Chiquita but got laid off like everyone else in my group. But I liked them giving me plenty of notice, etc. etc. and a good severance package considering the little time I was there. Now I need to take the composite of all my experiences and put it to good use. I like Rough and hope they hire me one day. I'm going to try to contact them. We'll see. Maybe. Hope. Pray!!!! Will also go back to Messina. They can get paid again to place me. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home