Sunday, October 31, 2004

Hm, jet lag going west- didn't have it. But coming back east, at first I THOUGHT I didn't have a problem with it, but then I noticed Tuesday I all of a sudden got groggy driving back, had to stop at a convenience store and sleep for like 10 min. I have been going to sleep at about 7 or 8 and sleeping till maybe 2 or 3, then waking up. Can't get back to sleep. That's the situation now. Went to my parents' with my family. Fell asleep there for most of the evening. Came back home and couldn't sleep. To top it all off Steve had neglected to pay our car insurance according to a letter I found randomly laying about the house; OK SO NOW WHAT!!!! I was pretty hoppin' mad. So anyway I called up Geico and the computers were down. So I couldn't sleep knowing we weren't gonna be able to drive, then I called at 5 a.m. and fixed everything and paid. Great customer service, by the way. Geico is excellent and cheap. We used to have Nationwide and switched to Geico- 24/7 service- can't beat it. We're paying now about $150 or thereabouts a month for everything on two nice cars and that ain't bad!
Yeah I definitely COULD live in Japan. I really like Japan. Did I mention I really like Japan? Japan is such a country of convenience. But such funny opposites. They have toilets that are just squat-over things. Then they have toilets that wipe, wash, dry, and serenade your derriere. Really! The people I lived with for 9 days: both their toilets open up for you, the seat is plush and warm, and depending on what you want it to do (I didn't- it's such an American thing- I feel uncomfortable pampering such a lowly body part so much), it will give your butt the Louis the XVI treatment. :) Then it will flush automatically. Or YOU can flush it. However you prefer. And the most hilarious thing: the sound effects. You can press a button to make a fake toilet flushing sound. WHY? And the upstairs toilet, I am NOT kidding: you sit down and a recording of birds starts to sing. When you pee in that bathroom it is eternally springtime and cherry blossoms. Not to mention both bathrooms smell strongly of cedar so your nose is pampered and doesn't have to smell anything that comes out of your body. LOLOL Anyway the Japanese know how to do toilets. And I thought the AM radio toilet paper dispenser my grandparents had on the Iowa farm was so cool! Little did I know there was something superior to listening to the weather advisories and price of hogs while you're on the throne.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home