Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Changes

So many changes- and I don't have enough time to do them. Trying to follow up on Nathanael's college applications now, and get the tax paperwork (FAFSA and the like) in to each college he's interested in- exhausting. Trying to apply for this and that grant, scholarship, etc. Knowing that no matter what, the first semester's tuition of someplace is going to still be astronomical, if it's one of the private ones. Knowing we will have to come up with thousands of dollars this summer for just the first semester. Knowing all of what we have actually saved could be eaten up just the first semester.

Trying to get the house in ready condition, and spurring it to get sold. The bathroom is redone. I need Dan to come out and see it and make his recommendations. We need to finish the back patio and we're almost good to go except for painting and cleaning.

Changes in my family of origin. The dynamics are different. The most positive change is that my brother Dave is a Christian now. It is incredible and God advances his kingdom person by person. Everything, even the terrible stuff, works out for the ultimate good for those who love Him. (Yes, I paraphrase from the Bible...I stopped long ago trying to be the person who can parse it chapter and verse...but for those who can, that IS a good thing, because you really have an ORGANIZED arsenal against the lies of the world.)
The unpositive things are health challenges my parents are dealing with. More later.

8 Comments:

At 4:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry about us, Ann. We are both getting better. I will soon be back to my old healthy self and then I can handle whatever comes along. I'm glad, also, that David has found something to give him peace of mind. He sure needs and deserves it. And thank you for being such a help to him, especially when I was unable to do anything. I really appreciate it. Mom

 
At 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can come down sometime this weekend if y9ou want. I'm going out of town for about 10 days or so probably on monday so call me if soon if you want me to come down.

Dan

 
At 10:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm now facing my health challenge. It is an ongoing problem but now it's come to a head. It is now an issue at work. I don't know if it's blood sugar or blood pressure. I'm seeing a doctor tomorrow. Please everyone pray for me. I usually feel fine but most every day at about 10 or 10:30 I begin to feel horrible. It feels like low glucose...I HAVE to put my head down and today I felt so horrible I took "early lunch" and decided to go rest in my car. Well they paged me at work. I had not told anyone. My boss isn't here and now the big people are involved. I have a meeting with them and I don't know what's going to happen. I guess it is up to my boss. I will have to promise him he knows where I am every second of the day from now on just because we all need to be accountable, especially if someone goes missing. I'm just hopeful they are going to accept my explanation.
Ann

 
At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotta have a meeting Monday w/ a few people and the company nurse. Have a doc appt for tomorrow. I think there is more to this than just not being a morning person. I thought fixing anemia would fix this but there is something else. I wouldn't care except that this interferes with, well, my life.

 
At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I had just lost a few pounds quickly, had eaten sugar, and I guess that reaction was particularly bad. Talked to my mom who is hypoglycemic, as it turns out. She says never eat sugar for breakfast, only protein. Peanut butter or an egg. So I am gonna try that. I fixed the anemia- running out of options. Anemia isn't the cause of this! Not sudden attacks. This has gotten to be an issue EVERYWHERE I have worked. I mean, everywhere, I have had to stop and rest in the middle of the day, like for half an hour. If I was lucky, I could time it with lunch time. Sometimes it didn't happen very badly. Sometimes I can fight it and the feeling passes. Well now it has totally come to a head and I am going to solve it once and for all. I just have been praying I can do this and that the people at my job will understand. I hope. I hope. Please Jesus!

 
At 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everyone was pretty cool and this turned out not to be a big deal except that I finally found out what triggered this and have corrected it!

I have "hypoglycemic drop" and have to have a glucose tolerance test. I am sure I will fall asleep during it. :)

 
At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God is good!

 
At 6:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leah is posting some great poetry, y'all need to read it.

http://allpoetry.com/Billig%20Billie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home