Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Wow, babysitting a 3 and 5 year old is wearing me out- don't know how I did it. Of course the most tiring thing, though, is the drive. The commuting, dropping off, picking up, etc. Then of course there's the stress that everyone in the line of fire can feel about the divorce. I won't disclose a whole lot but even when the STBEXSIL isn't around, people get edgy. I am glad Dan is there nights with me to diffuse the tension a little. Erin and Leah (especially Erin) like him. Sometimes they are friendly to me, showing me their cartoons and stories (very talented), and once in a while they can get snappy- oh well. Life is rough. But since Erin has always sorta had a crush on Dan, it helps. Like when I wanted to watch the Bengals game one Sunday, they were whining "football's boooooring!!!! We wanna watch X-Box!" I wouldn't let them commandeer the TV- my brother's TV. HOWEVER, when Dan wanted to watch Monday night football last night they (especially Erin) were all into it, like yay! Football! LOLOL Lucky when you're a man and have an 18-year-old and a 15-year-old thinking you're the best thing since creamed corn.

(Erin ALSO commandeered the TV in the middle of another show I was watching yesterday saying, "WELL I am going to put in a video for SIERRA!" and I just let it go...irritated but I let it go, it was rude but I'm tolerant. )
I wish they would do more around the house. I feel like I'm pulling their teeth sometimes by asking them to do any little thing. It IS a privilege that they can stay there and that my brother cares about them and their well-being and success.
Last night I had a lot of fun with Hayden. We played a ton and he fell asleep in my arms. I had a restless night because I slept in the same bed with Sierra and she crawls all over the place in her sleep. There must be a pea under the mattress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home