Thursday, January 15, 2009

Ouch! Economy got me. And it's making my company hurt, hurt so bad it had to let some of us out. So...there I go. Gone. Story of my life. Laid off how many times? Well anywho I have some severance time and I guess unemployment to go looking elsewhere. It may be a while. It may not. We will see. Being bilingual helps. Always has always will I guess. Steve found out he's safe. Plus he got a nice bonus. But we still need to unload or rent (becoming more of an option) the Finneytown house. And now I'm going to take this time to concentrate on Micah. I do not know at all in the least whatsoever. But anyway this is causing me to get pretty jittery. Because I'm just like that already. Before I was laid off (btw I don't blame my boss, company, etc. and totally understand where they're coming from and penny penny nickel quarter was on the wall for some time....things are not going well....maybe when they are again I can go back to work there though in a different position....I had even written in my dayrunner ponderings of "why do they even have this position still?")...OK....before I was laid off I ordered some gardening stuff online and I think I'm going to try to grow lots of vegetables this summer. Last summer I just grew tomatoes. (Tomatoes...that's the right spelling...looked a little funny....because "potatoes" isn't right...it's POTATOS. Ask Dan Quayle.)
Sorry I haven't kept up the blog. I think I've said that before but I did get tired of getting slammed sometimes, but having a blog invites that. I suppose I exhibited my share of rudeness online too, and if I have, I am sorry. So sorry, so sorry, so sorry.

PEACE OUT-

Ann

Nathanael just informed me that "potatoes" is indeed right...now I do remember. Quayle went out on "Potato" - Just one potato did him in.


3 Comments:

At 5:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ann,

How frustrating for you to lose your job. I know you did well at it, and I'm glad you are bilingual, which will surely be an asset wherever you go. I wish you well in finding something very soon.

If you don't, and really need to get away from it all, come on down!
Keep that in mind, in case you think about it later.

(Your flying bro is due here tomorrow! We'll be glad to see him!)

Love and best wishes,
Aunt E.

 
At 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grow those vegetables and start the finneytown soup kitchen/shelter. It's just a job. Everything is negotiable these days. A friend of mine just had his adjustable rate mortgage cut from 10.25% to 5.25%. In addition he had his second mortgage lowered from 10.25% to 2, yes 2% for the life of the loan. In addition they cut his principal IN HALF!!!

When in doubt, quit paying your bills and file your taxes with mo money.com tax service. Yes. It is a real service with over 125 locations and commercials that run during court TV time in the afternoons.

But seriously, this is a major life change, and you can probably renegotiate--offload some debt, if you can prove hardship.

Mo money, and less workin'

We in america baby!

Dave

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Toy said...

go to Burpee.com and request their 2009 catalog. I use their seeds and have terrific luck with them. I am a veggie garden fool. Good luck.

Toy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home