Saturday, October 22, 2005

Bed's here. Floor's mostly done. It's great!

I almost forgot to say...we have a new kitten...named Brio. While we had Oreo in the vet, someone came in asking if he could drop off a kitten he'd found- well, after saying no about 50 times, I finally said okay...if there's nowhere else he can go...(sigh)...well now with 3 cats it's getting overwhelming. The orange cat, bless his heart, the stray we found a couple of weeks ago...well I don't know if I can deal appropriately with what appears to be a digestion issue. I think I'm going to have to give him over to the SPCA, since I don't have the funds to treat a cat's expensive condition (which they all turn out to be), neutering, and more. I just don't. Oreo is enough. Steve says to get rid of both Reggie (aka Theo) and Brio. Micah can't seem to part with Brio. By the way Brio is a boy, though I chose the name knowing full well it sounds like a girl's name. There's a girls' magazine called Brio. (Good mag I might add, very wholesome and REAL girl oriented, spiritual, has a Christian basis but it's good for all girls to read because it doesn't focus on pencil-thin as the ideal body image, etc.)

3 Comments:

At 6:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been trying to call you with no success so this is the only way I can reach you. Today Sierra found your old doll that you cut the hair off of, and she fell in love with her. We gave her a bath and washed her dress, and I told Sierra we'd get her some new hair (at Hobby lobby or wherever) and Sierra wants to know what her name is and I don't remember. So please give a call. She also found one of those old dolls you made of styrofoam and pins, and wants to know her name. We had a lot of fun in the basement today, as you can tell. Love, Mom

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Ann said...

I didn't name the pin dolls...so Sierra can pick out a name. The other doll with no hair is Patti Jo. Patti Jo is very happy, I am sure, with Sierra. That's her name because when YOU gave her to me (and I remember when you gave her to me) that's what you told me her name was- it must have been on the box. :) You hid the doll for years up in the closet in my bedroom in Southern Knolls. You took her down one day and said, "I bought this doll even before I had you because I knew you were going to be a girl." I said, "How did you know?" And you said, "Sometimes you just know."

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger Ann said...

PS I had another doll named Martha that I cut the hair from, well, to about bob length. You were all upset and I said, "It'll grow back! It'll grow back!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home