Monday, May 30, 2005

These are real nice photos I took of Arizona a couple of years ago when I visited Ellen, Chuck, Len,and Jean- south of Tucson in the retirement area Green Valley. Well of all places they took me to, I think Tumacacori was one of my favorites.

I have a few other pix (containing me) if you were wondering-and I am not putting them up for one simple reason-vanity. I am thinner now and I do NOT like how I looked in them. I'll get a few up there after running them through PHotoshop- I was brazen enough to look under an 8-ft. metal Kokopelli's loincloth in a shop that sold dozens of wrought iron decorations, and sho'nuff, the god of fertility was anatomically correct.

2 Comments:

At 6:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for putting up those pictures you took in AZ. That was great fun, and I'm glad to see your pictures turned out so nice!

One comment on one of your other blog entries--That was generous of you to include people in their 60s as part of the Greatest Generation, but we are in fact not really eligible. We were all children during WW II, and even during the Korean War. It is a great frustration to me to be in the "silent" or "lost" generation of those people born between about 1927 and 1945, who were too young to participate in WW II and too old to be Boomers. But I'll save my soapbox for another time.

And congratulations to Nathanael for all his awards. You have a lot to be proud of, and of course so does he!

Aunt E.

P.S. The salmon in Norway was delicious! So was the reindeer in Finland.

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Well the reason I do include you all is that even though you didn't fight WWII, a few of you did go to Korea. And even if you didn't go to either, you were part of the people who were so instrumental and industrious.
Well I feel your frustration because I'm the absolute youngest of the so-called "Boomers" and the absolute oldest of the "Gen-X". But it's also been a blessing because I really have participated and been part of both, socially and culturally.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home