Friday, November 19, 2004

Well as you can tell I figured out how to log in/log out of different blogs. The drop-down list doesn't do it and so I...well it doesn't bear repeating. The point is I wove through the technical labrynth required of me. I'm now worthy of the Immunity Necklace.

You can see my handsome boys here- handsome and silly and hairy, too- and you can see I gotta curly one and a straight-haired one.

We frequently go the Y. Micah goes more often than Nathanael. Nathaanel doesn't like the smell of chlorine and he has informed me that it's actually toxic. I believe that, even though I like the smell. It reminds me of Billing's Natatorium when I was a kid. Anyway, tonight was a typical night- and we brought Matt along- and Brian's family are members. I was amazed there was no blood shed. Matt and Brian sometimes fight like little wild men. Especially when they each want to do something exclusively with Micah. Micah's become quite diplomatic with these guys, and I'm proud of his character development. He recognizes their faults and wants to be friends with each of them anyway. He used to side with one against the other, but now he's beginning to look at conflict more objectively, then constructively. He's sensitive and learning to be firm with his friends, too. Especially when they fight with each other- Micah's learning to be objective in trying to help resolve things.

Nathanael spends a lot of time on the computer looking at funny jokes, Strong Bad and all that, weird pages people make full of random humor (his type of cerebral funniness, the kind of Monty Python buy-me-a-shrubbery-i-want-spam thought process he's so attached to)... and he spends hours and hours just designing fonts. Not just English but several alphabets or syllabaries. One he designed for the Cherokee nation but we have yet to hear from them. It's a very good font of Sequoya's work. The new font adaptation would pretty up the letters. :) Now let's let him tackle Korean (or not!!!). Nathanael also loves the outdoors, hiking, unspoiled areas (unspoiled meaning unpaved, uncut, untrailed, ungrazed, unrazed, and generally untrod except for a deer track or two. He's always looking up maps online and mapping out new hikes to take- following creeks as far as they will go, for example. Man, I remember doing that! I wish I could have retained more of the Lewis/Clark/Sacajawea wanderlust- I guess I am doing that but on a larger scale, because I always like to see new places.

I love both my boys!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home