Sunday, November 28, 2004

Sorry, I don't have photos of Thanksgiving in West Virginia. I brought the camera only to find I'd forgotten the battery in the charger. If anyone reading was there, please send pics so I can post!

This evening we went to my kids' godmother, Martha Lindner's house. I've known her for about 15 years now. She's known my kids since they were born. Her late husband Sam died in about 1994. Martha often has wiener roasts and invites us. She has had 5 boys, and 4 are living. They are all 45 and over. The youngest died in his 20's of cancer. He had been living near Eaton and Steve actually knew him even before we moved here and met the rest of the Lindners. Anyway, 2 of Martha's sons came this evening. The youngest, Jim, has a newborn baby. His wife is 42 and people joke around about them being too young to have kids, why didn't they wait. LOL They have a sense of humor. Often they say complete strangers ask them "Is she YOURS?" (implying are you SURE she is YOURS? YOU guys made her? How? (old-fashioned way- it still works :) are you sure she isn't your grandchild? Are you SURE now?)Anyway, Adelaide Rose is the star of the show.
Hey I told them about my boss when I was at Chiquita, Joann, who had her first and only at age 42 and her husband was about 15 years older than she was at the time (second family for him)- and Emma is a great kid and for them, the timing was perfect! Kimberly from Chiquita had her last at 40 and beautiful Grace is the result...Steve's grandpa was the last kid in his family, born when his mother was 46! I know a lot of stories of women having babies in their 40's and hey, it's a good thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home